Are you seeking an easier way to manage clients across all your various systems? Or do you need to differentiate between clients with the same name? Help your firm stay organized by adding unique client profile properties!
These attributes are only seen by you, the client's assigned advisor, and admin/analyst users on your account. (Clients never see it.)
If you or a client's advisor enters a client attribute, it will display on the client's profile page in AdvicePay. Additionally:
- The default Client ID attribute will display on your Transaction reports
- All attributes will display on the Client report unless designated as "Protected"
Setting up Attributes
Five standard client profile fields are pre-populated and enabled by default. These fields cannot be protected or deleted:
- Client Name (required)
- Display Name (required; this attribute is used for the Name to Appear on Invoices)
- Client Email (required)
- Advisor (required)
- Client ID (optional -- can be disabled)
Each field can be restricted by the Account Owner so that Standard advisors on the account do not have the ability to edit that portion of their clients' profiles.
To make this change for a particular attribute, click Edit and toggle Disable advisor ability to edit client attribute to on. Click Save.
- Can be edited to describe an attribute different than "Client ID"
- Can only be a Text field
- Can be disabled by toggling the button to off
- Contains populated information that is always editable by advisors -- unless advisor ability to create clients is disabled
- Cannot be permanently deleted
- Cannot be a "Protected" field (populated information will always display in-app and in reports)
To add a new attribute, click Add New Attribute and fill out the type of information you want to include in a client's profile:
❗️To ensure your client's privacy and security, we recommend not using attributes to store or display any highly sensitive data, such as a full Social Security Number!
To make the attribute required when a client is added or their profile edited, toggle Require attribute to be filled out or selected to on.
To protect the field information from view, toggle Protect field from viewing after entered to on. Please note that if enabled, the information in this field will not be displayed on any reports or in the app. It will only be available via the API (such as via an integration that maps client profile data).
To keep the attribute as-is so that it cannot be changed by other advisors on the account, toggle Disable advisor ability to edit client attribute to on. This is especially important to do if you're using a CRM or other API integration with AdvicePay and cannot have the attribute changed.
Assigning Attributes to Clients
Assigning an attribute can be done when you add a client, or it can be added/edited at anytime by going to Clients > View Client > Edit Profile.
Simply add, edit, or remove the information entered in the attributes field(s):
When added/saved, their profile will now display like so: