Create a Test Client
One of the very best ways we've found to become comfortable with AdvicePay and understand how our different features work is to set up a test client account!
With this test client you can experiment with the invite process and requesting payment, see our emails to clients, as well as log in from the client portal and go through the steps of paying an invoice to yourself.
(Once your test client has made a payment, you can then track it on your advisor-side Transfers page and see how payouts work!)
To begin creating a test client, click the Accounts > Clients tab in your sidebar and select Add Client.
Add the test client information as you would a regular client. First name, Last name, Email, and assign them an Advisor. Feel free to utilize any other information if you prefer. Once complete, click Add Client. You are now on your way to test sending invoices, subscriptions and documents with the new client! 🎉
Things to check out during testing:
- Requesting a one-time payment vs. a recurring payment
- Requesting a one-time and recurring payment together
- Email notifications sent to clients for upcoming and past-due invoices
- Making a payment as a client
- Debit notification emails sent to clients on an active subscription
- Editing a client's name
- Canceling an unpaid invoice or active subscription
- Our client-side help desk articles
📍Ready to remove your test client(s)? Delete them from your account.